Genre flipping is an increasingly popular way to support literacy efforts and engage school library readers. Follett now supports genrefication.
If you're looking to handle this process yourself, we've compiled a number of tips, tricks, guides, and best practices. If you're in need of additional support, we also offer Genre Consulting Services to ensure your genre flip happens quickly and effectively.
Genrefication Best Practices & More
Are you ready to bring genre to your library? If you're taking the leap, or even just considering it, Follett is here to offer our help and support. Explore these tips, suggestions, best practices, and other opportunities to make your transition to genre as smooth as possible.
- Ship by Genre: Follett can now ship your books shelf-ready and in genre order.
- Tools to Help Identify Genre: Read suggestions to help identify the best genre strategy for your students.
- View examples of elementary, middle and high school genres for fiction and non-fiction
- Contact your local Follett Representative for help completing your Titlewave® set up and Genre Helper Report
- Follett's Best Practices: Doing it yourself? Here are some best practices to help you get started.
- Updating Destiny® with Genre Information: Learn how to update your MARC records in Follett Destiny.
Genre Consulting Services
Don’t have time to flip your library, or need some hands-on guidance? We provide services to assist in planning, coordinating and delivering the work of genrefying a collection.
These services can include:
- Project management of the service delivery
- Pre-project planning and assistance with genre mapping
- Staffing, resources, and materials needed to perform the work
- Population of genre information into Destiny® Library Manager™ data
These services are customized to meet the unique needs of each library. See how Follett helped one school library successfully flip to genre.
For more information on these services and to obtain a price quote, please contact your Follett School Solutions Sales Representative. To find your representative, visit follettlearning.com/repfinder.