Follett has released Destiny 16.5, a new version of the market-leading solution featuring enhancements to Destiny Library Manager, Destiny Discover, and Destiny Resource Manager. Destiny solutions serve more than 65,000 schools and libraries and are used in 23 of the 25 largest U.S. school districts.
A “What’s Coming in Destiny 16.5” webinar is set for 3 p.m. EDT on Wednesday (Jan. 16). To register, visit https://bit.ly/2GZNek0. Registrants can either view the webinar live or later at their convenience.
Destiny 16.5 highlights include:
• Collection Playlists. With Destiny 16.5, and as part of Collections by Destiny, classroom teachers will now be able to create favorite playlists (similar to music playlists) and easily share them with their students. Designed to support personalized learning and differentiated instruction, multiple playlists can be created for the same lesson, with students progressing through at their own pace.
• Genrefication Improvements. As Follett continues to increase its genrefication support to help librarians and media specialists flip their libraries to more of a bookstore-like model, Destiny 16.5 features four new features, including one that allows for easier management at both the school and district.
• Revised Job/Report Manager Functions. This enhancement will allow both Destiny Library and Resource Manager users to navigate directly to the report output they wish without the need to manually refresh the page.
• Assess Fines for Resource Components. Destiny Resource Manager already allows users to track components such as power cords, chargers, and laptop cases. Users will now be able to quickly and easily assess a fine when a component is lost or not returned.
• Global Renew Enhancements. Resource Manager adds functionality to its global renew feature. Users can save significant time and effort by batch updating renewal dates on items based on a variety of criteria, including the patron’s graduation year, grade level or patron type.
For a complete look at all that is new in Destiny 16.5, visit https://bit.ly/2QC75VZ.
For more information about Follett, visit www.FollettLearning.com.
Thompson Drake Public Relations
541.419.4471 | cell
About Follett's PreK-12 Business | FollettLearning.com
Follett is the largest provider of educational materials and technology solutions to PreK-12 libraries, classrooms, learning centers and school districts in the United States, and a major supplier to educational institutions worldwide. Follett distributes books, reference materials, digital resources, ebooks and audiovisual materials, as well as pre-owned textbooks. Follett also is one of the leading providers of integrated educational technology for the management of physical and digital assets, the tracking, storing and analyzing of academic data, and digital learning environment tools for the classroom focusing on student achievement..
About Follett Corporation | Follett.com
For more than 140 years, Follett has been a trusted partner to preK-12 schools, colleges and campus stores, taking care of the critical details that make it easier for schools to run, teachers to teach, students to learn and fans to celebrate. A leading provider of education technology, services and physical and digital content, Follett currently works with 70,000 schools and operates more than 1,250 local campus stores and 1,600 virtual stores. With the 2016 acquisition of Baker & Taylor, LLC, Follett's reach also extends into the public library and global retail markets. Today Follett Corporation is the world's largest single source of books, entertainment products, digital content and multi-media for libraries, schools and retailers. Follett is a $3.6 billion privately held company headquartered in Westchester, Illinois.