Enrich the learning experience at your school and enhance library efficiency with Destiny® LIbrary Manager™Request More Info
- Press Release: Follett Destiny 14.0 Features Learning Management System Integration
- Press Release: Follett Unveils Major Updates to Market-Leading Destiny Solution
- Webinar: What’s New in Destiny Library Manager and Destiny Resource Manager? A New Look, Easier Access to Resources and More
- Press Release: Follett, Biblionasium Partner to Engage Young Readers
Press Release: Follett Destiny 14.0 Features Learning Management System Integration
According to Nader Qaimari the new LTI integration “reflects our company’s ongoing commitment to championing accessibility and open standards, supporting schools’ ability to make technology decisions that are right for them.”
Press Release: Follett Unveils Major Updates to Market-Leading Destiny Solution
Follett today announced one of its most significant updates ever to its Destiny product. The new 14.0 release enhances Destiny as one-stop shop for all digital needs
Webinar: What’s New in Destiny Library Manager and Destiny Resource Manager? A New Look, Easier Access to Resources and More
Join Don Rokusek, Bruce Hamilton, and Jason Lasiewicz as they review the latest and greatest enhancements to Destiny.
Press Release: Follett, Biblionasium Partner to Engage Young Readers
“Our goal is to instill the habit of reading and to raise a generation of passionate readers.” - Marjan Ghara, Biblionasium Founder and CEO.
Why Destiny Library Manager?
More K-12 schools and districts use Follett Destiny Library Manager for managing their library resources than any other platform. There’s a reason why: Our solution not only allows librarians and administrators keep thorough, real-time track of a library’s inventory and media assets, but also gives students a fun means of discovery and reading.
Destiny Library Manager is a complete library management system that can be accessed from anywhere, 24/7, helping to strengthen the crucial bond between the library, the classroom, and home.
What Sets Destiny Apart
- Trusted by more than 60,000 customers, Destiny is the leading library management system for K-12 schools worldwide
- One discovery interface for students to access all your print and digital resources, including eBooks, audiobooks, and interactive books, as well as free and paid subscription databases
- Convenient access through any web browser and free mobile apps that support bring-your-own-device and 1:1 initiatives
- Easy-to-use circulation, cataloging, inventory, and reporting capabilities
- Destiny supports open standards for easy and integrated data sharing and single sign-on access, including Schools Interoperability Framework (SIF), Learning Tool Interoperability (LTI), Security Assertion Mark-up Language (SAML), and Open Educational Resources (OER).
The Destiny Advantage
Testimonial: Destiny Library Manager ‘Just Makes My Job Easier’
For school librarian Carl Harvey II, Destiny is a time-saver and essential resource.
Case Study: Destiny Library Manager Increased Efficiency at All Schools Within District
Destiny Library Manager allowed the Waupun Area School District to easily access library resources from anywhere and fostered stronger communication.
Testimonial: Long-Time Follett Customer Explains Why Destiny is a 'Life Saver'
During her career in education, Kate MacMillan has seen it all in terms of ed tech gadgetry and newfangled resources.
What Destiny Can Do for You
Student Discovery: Designed for 21st Century Learners
Safe social networking platforms to aid in teaching digital citizenship.
Library Management: Access Whenever, Wherever
Integrated Access to Digital Resources
Mobile Support: Access Destiny Anywhere
Destiny offers support for smartphones and tablets, ensuring students and staff have unfettered access to the information they need. Completely free Destiny apps include:
- Destiny Discover, which allows students to access and read Follett eBooks on the go
- The Destiny mobile app, which allows educators to monitor resources, review patron information, perform check-ins/check-outs, and even scan barcodes
Our library management software integrates seamlessly with any student information system; you’ll enjoy implementation services tailored to every solution.
Create an even richer experience with these add-on features
Major updates and upgrades: Destiny® 14.0 is almost here
Destiny 14.0 is coming in August, and this major update is poised to make Destiny Library Manager™ better than ever. Destiny 14.0 includes a host of major upgrades that will make the platform easier to use, provide more convenient access to your resources, support literacy initiatives, and more.
Destiny 14.0 features:
- A new look and feel for Destiny: We’ve updated the look of Destiny with modern graphics, colors, and images – all contributing to an improved user experience. Everything in Destiny will still be where you expect it, so there’s no learning curve.
- Easier access to your resources: Destiny 14.0 has two excellent enhancements that that make it easier to get to your great resources – our new Google Chrome Extension and Single Sign-On Support.
- Google Chrome Extension: When a student or staff member searches Google in the Chrome browser, resources from Destiny will be displayed alongside the results thanks to our new Google Chrome Extension. You’ll be able to direct students right to your resources to promote usage.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) with SAML, LTI, and Google: Now your users that are already logged into Google, your district portal, or your learning management system can seamlessly navigate into Destiny without another login. Using Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) and other SSO standards, we will simplify access for users, reduce account administration burdens, and improve security.
- Enhanced integration of school resources: Destiny will now support OneRoster™ from IMS Global Learning Consortium, which allows you to pull in student and class schedule data into Destiny.
- Access open educational resources (OER): We’re partnering with the U.S. Department of Education through their #GoOpen initiative to support access to Learning Registry open education resources (OER). You’ll soon be able to access resources from the Learning Registry within Destiny, ensuring broader usage among educators and students.
- Simplified product naming: We are simplifying our solution and renaming all of the student-facing search and eBook functions (outside of Classic Destiny) to Destiny Discover. The existing BryteWave apps will continue to work but Follett Shelf, Universal Search and BryteWave will be streamlined into our new Destiny Discover offerings.
- Support for early readers through Biblionasium: Follett is the exclusive partner of Biblionasium, a fun and secure online reading community designed specifically for students ages 6-13. Biblionasium is now fully integrated in to Destiny, meaning students are just a single sign-on away from accessing the platform’s great features that promote healthy reading habits while generating actionable data for educators. Learn more about Biblionasium and Destiny.
- Single Sign-On with Baker and Taylor Axis 360 content: Similar to our current support for SSO with Mackin and OverDrive content, we will allow users who have already logged into Destiny to open Axis 360 content from Destiny without requiring another login to that platform.
- Offline Follett eBook support on select Chromebooks: Destiny Discover Android app will work on certain models of Chromebooks and provide offline support.
Follett Destiny® Security Auto-Update 2 Now Available
Follett takes the security of our customer technical environments very seriously. We appreciate your attention to this important auto-update to ensure your Destiny® environment remains secure. We strongly recommend that customers apply this auto-update as soon as possible.